Important Information About Procedures For Opening A New Account
The USA PATRIOT Act, federal legislation passed to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. This means that when you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and tax identification number. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents that will allow us to identify you.
eBanking Disclosure Statements
This agreement states the terms and conditions that apply when you use Private Bank Minnesota eBanking services. These terms and conditions are in addition to those that apply to any accounts you have with us or any other services you obtain from us. You must also follow all of our instructions and procedures applicable to the services covered by this agreement.
"You" and "your" mean that each person who establishes a Private Bank Minnesota eBanking customer account with us or who uses or is authorized to use a Private Bank Minnesota eBanking personal identification number and password or other means of access established by Private Bank Minnesota. "eBanking" refers to the Private Bank Minnesota 's Internet Banking system that allows you to make payments, transfer funds, access accounts, obtain information and perform other transactions over the Internet by use of a personal computer and modem, or other means we authorize. "Qualifying account" means that you are the owner of the account. For Private Bank Minnesota eBanking transactions, you may not designate any account that requires more than one signature for withdrawals. Please contact us to determine your qualifying accounts.
Log in and Password
In order to access Private Bank Minnesota eBanking, you must use the personal identification number and/or other means of access we provide for your Private Bank Minnesota eBanking account, together with your password.
Private Bank Minnesota eBanking Transactions
You can instruct us to perform the following transactions:
- Make transfers between your qualifying accounts to the extent authorized
- Obtain information that we make available about your qualifying accounts
- Obtain other services or perform other transactions that we authorize
Limits on Private Bank Minnesota eBanking Transactions
You must have enough collected funds or available credit in any Private Bank Minnesota account from which you instruct us to make a payment or transfer. If any of your qualifying accounts are money market savings accounts, certain types of withdrawals (including payments and transfers) are limited to a total of no more than six in any statement period. The types of withdrawals covered by this limitation include those made by means of preauthorized or automatic transfers and payments or telephone agreement. A total of only three of these types of withdrawals may be made by check, draft, debit card or similar order payable to third parties. You also agree to the 'Terms and Conditions of Your Deposit Account' that you received when you opened your deposit account.
Our Liability for Failure to Complete Payments and Transfers on Private Bank Minnesota eBanking
If we do not complete a payment or transfer on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. Private Bank Minnesota will NOT BE LIABLE for the following instances:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough available in the account from which a payment or transfer is to be made, or if the account has been closed or is not in good standing, or if we reverse a payment or transfer because of insufficient funds.
- If any payment or transfer would go over the credit limit of any account.
- If your equipment or ours was not properly working and the breakdown should have been apparent to you when you attempted to conduct the transaction.
- If you have not given us complete, current or correct account number information or other identifying information so that we can properly credit your account or otherwise complete the transaction.
- If you do not properly follow our instructions or if you provide us with wrong or inaccurate information or fail to correct or tell us about any inaccuracy of which you are aware.
- If you do not instruct us soon enough for your payment or transfer to be received and credited by the time it is due.
- If the money in the account from which a payment or transfer is to be made is subject to legal process or other claim restricts the transaction.
- If circumstances or persons beyond our control prevent, delay, intercept or alter the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
You agree to the terms of this account and the schedule of charges which may be imposed. You authorize us to deduct these charges as due directly from the balance in the designated account. You are liable for all transactions that you make or authorize, even if the person you authorize exceeds your authority. If you have given someone your eBanking login and password or other means of access and want to terminate that person's authority you must change your password or take additional steps to prevent further access by such person.
Unauthorized Transactions, Loss or Theft of Your Private Bank Minnesota eBanking login or Password
If you believe your Private Bank Minnesota eBanking personal login or password has been lost, stolen or otherwise used without your authorization, call us immediately at 612-321-0991 during normal business hours.
IF THIS SITUATION OCCURS AFTER HOURS, PLEASE:
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and a brief message as to what the problem might be. Do not include any of your account number(s) or social security number information in your E-mail message. Please note that not all E-mails may arrive at their destinations. We will reply with a confirmation when your E-mail is received.
Write to us at: 222 S. Ninth Street, Suite 3800, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
Notifying us by telephone is the best way to reduce possible losses.
Private Bank Minnesota eBanking transactions, including payments and transfers will be included on the periodic statements we provide to you. You agree to notify us promptly if you change your address or if you believe there are any errors or unauthorized transactions on any statement or statement information.
Private Bank Minnesota eBanking is generally available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Transactions made through Private Bank Minnesota eBanking are processed and updated only on business days. Our business days are Monday through Friday. Transfers made after 8:00 p.m. CT will be processed on the next business day. Federal holidays are not considered business days.